BARRANQUILLA, Colombia – The World Baseball Softball Confederation revealed the WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup® 2018 “All-World Team” Sunday night, following the conclusion of the World Championship Final between Mexico and the Japan at Estadio de Biesbol Edgar Renteria.
The best 23-year-old baseball players in the world – spanning five nations and 3 continents (Americas, Asia and Oceania) — are represented on the WBSC U-23 All-World Team.
Mexico and Colombia led the All-World squad with three players each, while Japan and Venezuela had 2 players named to the team. Australia and Dominican Republic had one player represented.
- Catcher: Orlano Pina (MEX)
- First Baseman: Hisanori Yasuda (JPN)
- Second Baseman: Brallan Perez (COL)
- Third Baseman: Dervin Pomare (COL)
- Shortstop: Jorma Rodriguez (VEN)
- Outfield: Norberto Obeso (MEX)
- Outfield: Carlos Vidal (COL)
- Outfield: Bojarski Ulrich (AUS)
- Best Starting Pitcher: Francisco Haro (MEX)
- Best Relief Pitcher: Kakeru Narita (JPN)
- Designated Hitter: Leandro Cedeno (VEN)
- Most Valuable Player: Hisanori Yasuda (JPN)
- Outstanding Defensive Player: Gilberto Celestino (DOM)