The WBSC Development commissions will be mandated to perform the following functions in conjunction with the WBSC member federations. Where necessary, the Development commission will also work with Stakeholders, such as professional baseball, professional softball and youth organizations to further enhance results.
The development commission will also play a lead role in the direction and function of the umpire and scoring commissions.
- Develop programs designed to grow the number of players
- Identify areas where baseball and softball growth is needed
- Identify programs to increase the quality of players globally
- Develop and implement programs designed to increase the quality of coaching available
- Chronicle Development programmes around the world
- Implement development programs
- Work with stake holders including professional baseball, professional softball and commercial partners
- Set goals for player development in Baseball and Softball Developing areas
- Hold programs accountable for results