The Gambia National Softball Association (GNSA) was formed in The Gambia in April 2009 as the first Softball Association whose focus is to govern, foster, control, administer, promote, develop, encourage, advance and protect the interest of all Softball activities in The Gambia. Also,The Gambia National Softball Federation cooperates with government or non-governmental bodies within the rules and regulations of International Softball Federation (ISF) and laws of the country.
Objectives and Strategies:
To affiliate and register to the relevant Government authorities, National Olympic Committee, Regional & Continental Confederations and International Federations.
- To develop and protect Softball in The Gambia in line with ISF rules.
- To ensure the observance of ISF rules within The Gambia.
- To govern, administer and make rules and regulations governing,regulating and control Softball in The Gambia.
- To encourage and assist in the formation of Regional, Districts, Village and Schools' Associations.
- To encourage and assist in the formation of Umpires, Scorers and Coaches Associations.
- To arrange and hold National Championships annually and trials for the selection of the teams to represent this Association and The Gambia.
- To institute where necessary championship prizes; to govern tournaments and championship meetings; to accept money given or subscribed and to distribute it, and grant sums of money in order to establish prizes in connection with Softball tournaments on competitions on such terms as may be prescribed or are to be thought by the Executive committee.
- To use the revenue and property of this Association from whatever source derived to further the interests and the objectives that maybe deemed necessary.
- To make awards of life membership, meritorious service and special awards.
Pending areas to include in the history
1. Highlight the couching clinics carried out over the past years.
2. The number of registered clubs/schools in the country.
3. The number of trained coaches in the country.
4. Recorded achievements over the past years citing the periods.
5. Any other matter of significant.