Media registration for the WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup® 2018 — hosted by the Colombian Baseball Federation (FCB) from 19-28 October in the cities of Barranquilla and Monteria — is now available and will remain open until Monday, 8 October.
All members of the media, both local/national and international, who intend to cover the U-23 Baseball World Cup must apply through the official WBSC Media Accreditation online platform at https://my.wbsc.org.
NOTE: When filling out the online form, the credential pick-up location must be specified:
- Group A – Barranquilla: Colombia, Japan, Mexico, Chinese Taipei, Netherlands and South Africa, or
- Group B – Monteria: Korea, Australia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Czech Republic
The Super Round and Finals will be played at Estadio Edgar Renteria in Barranquilla, while the 7th-12th Place Consolation Round will be played at Estadio de Beisbol 18 de Junio in Monteria.
Media outlets that have not previously registered with the WBSC must first create a profile at https://my.wbsc.org/?v=request-credentials, prior to applying for Baseball World Cup (event-specific) credentials. (See Registration Guide)
Media credentials will be distributed at the pre-Baseball World Cup press conference and at the competition venues thereafter.
The winner of the U-23 Baseball World Cup will be awarded 690 world ranking points — the largest award of any international baseball event this year and third-largest overall, following the major international competitions, Premier12® and the World Baseball Classic.
At the last U-23 Baseball World Cup in 2016, National Team rosters included players from clubs affiliated to the Australian Baseball League, Chinese Professional Baseball League, Korean Baseball Organization, Major League Baseball, Mexican Baseball League, Nicaraguan Professional Baseball League, and Nippon Professional Baseball, in addition to other leagues from around the world.
- Pre-event Press Conferences with National Team managers:
- When: Thursday, 18 October (time to be announced)
- Group A – Barranquilla (location to be announced)
- Group B – Monteria (location to be announced)
- Game Schedule: To be Announced
- Competition Venues:
- Estadio Edgar Renteriain Barranquilla
- Estadio de Beisbol 18 de Junio in Monteria
- Official Website at u23bwc.wbsc.org is available in six languages (English, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese)
- Official Slogan: For the Title of World Champion
- Official Social Media: @WBSC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Weibo
- Official Hashtag: #U23WorldCup
GUIDELINES FOR NON-RIGHTS HOLDERS (“NRH”)
Coverage by Non-Rights Holder TV/RADIO and Crew
Only rights holders of applicable games may transmit game footage (audio and/or video) of the WBSC Baseball World Cups. During games, NRHs are not permitted to record either audio or video in the stadium, or conduct live commentary. Failure to respect these guidelines will result in an immediate withdrawal of media accreditation, potential legal action and blacklisting, in order to protect WBSC’s partners and rights-holder agreements.
NRH media will be given access to official training sessions, pre/post-game sessions, mixed zones, press conferences and Opening/Closing Ceremonies. NRH cameras must be turned off and/or stored during games.
Credentials will be granted by specific category (i.e., Press, Photographer, Radio, TV), and access will be granted accordingly.
Photographers and NRH TV crews will be required to wear bibs.