Media registration is now open for the XII WBSC Junior Men’s Softball World Championship, which will be staged from 7-15 July in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada.
The registration deadline is Friday, 15 June.
All members of the media, both local/national and international, who plan to cover the WBSC Junior Men’s Softball World Championship 2018 in Prince Albert must apply through the official WBSC Media Accreditation online platform at https://my.wbsc.org.
Note: Once registered an email with a link will be received. Follow the link and you will be brought to my.wbsc.org where you will be prompted to insert a first time password followed by your profile information. Once completed all of the mandatory fields on the profile page an accreditation may be requested via the ‘Events‘ tab located in the navigation bar of my.wbsc.org when logged in.
The WBSC Jr Men’s (U-19) Softball World Championship is the highest level of competition in men’s youth softball. A total of 13 National Teams will compete in Prince Albert, including Argentina, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa and the United States.
- Pre-event press conference with National Team head coaches:
- When: Friday, 6 July at 16:00
- Where: Art Hauser Centre, Johnny Bower Lobby
- Official 54-game schedule
- Tournament Regulations
- Competition Venues: Max Power Ball Parks located at Prime Ministers’ Park, 3230, 6th Avenue East, Prince Albert, SK, Canada
- Official Website (in English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, French)
- Official Slogan: For the Title of World Champion
- Official Social Media: @WBSC on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Official Hashtag: #2018JrWorlds
GUIDELINES FOR NON-RIGHTS HOLDING (“NRH”) MEDIA Coverage by Non-Rights Holding TV/RADIO and Crew
- Only rights holders of applicable games may transmit game footage (audio and/or video) of the WBSC Baseball World Cups and Softball World Championships.
- NRH media credentials provide access to official training sessions, games, mixed zone, press conferences and Opening/Closing Ceremonies.
- Credentials will be granted by specific category (i.e., Press, Photographer, Radio, TV), and access will be granted accordingly.
- Photographers and NRH TV crew will be required to wear bibs.
Credentials may be collected at the Press Conference on 6 July, from 15:00, or at Max Power Ball Parks from Opening Day.