Media registration is now open for the XVI WBSC Women’s Softball World Championship, which will be staged from 2-12 August in Chiba Prefecture, Japan, and serve as a qualification event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
The registration deadline is Sunday, 15 July.
All members of the media, both local/national and international, who plan to cover this World Championship event in Chiba must apply for accreditation through the official WBSC Media Accreditation online platform at https://my.wbsc.org.
Note: Once registered an email with a link will be received. Follow the link and you will be brought to my.wbsc.org where you will be prompted to insert a first-time password followed by your profile information. Once completed all of the mandatory fields on the profile page an accreditation may be requested via the ‘Events‘ tab located in the navigation bar of my.wbsc.org when logged in.
The WBSC Women’s Softball World Championship is the highest level of competition in women’s softball. A total of 16 National Teams will compete in Chiba, including Australia, Botswana, Canada, China, Chinese Taipei, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, the United States and Venezuela.
- Pre-event press conference with National Team head coaches:
- When: Wednesday, 1 August at 19:00
- Where: Hotel Green Tower, Royal Crescent 4th Floor,
Chiba City-Makuhari District
- Official 73-game Schedule
- Tournament Regulations
- Competition Venues: NaSPA Stadium in Narita City, Akitsu Baseball Stadium in Narashino City, Zett A Ball Park in Ichihara City, and ZOZO Marine Stadium in Chiba City
- Official Website (in English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, French)
- Official Social Media: @WBSC on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Official Hashtags: #WorldSoftball and #RoadToTokyo2020
GUIDELINES FOR NON-RIGHTS HOLDING (“NRH”) MEDIA
Coverage by Non-Rights Holding TV/RADIO and Crew
- Only rights holders of applicable games may transmit game footage (audio and/or video) of the WBSC Baseball World Cups and Softball World Championships.
- NRH media credentials provide access to official training sessions, games, mixed zone, press conferences and Opening/Closing Ceremonies.
- Credentials will be granted by specific category (i.e., Press, Photographer, Radio, TV), and access will be granted accordingly.
- Photographers and NRH TV crew will be required to wear bibs.
Credentials may be collected at the Press Conference venue on 1 August, from 18:00, or before the Opening Ceremony at NaSPA Stadium starting from 14:00. Opening Ceremony will start from 18:30 at NaSPA Stadium