Media registration for the Softball Europe/Africa Qualification Event for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020, taking place 23-27 July in Utrecht, Netherlands, is now available and will remain open until Thursday, 18 July.
All members of the media, both local/national and international, who intend to cover the Softball Europe/Africa Qualification Event for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020 must apply through the official WBSC Media Accreditation online platform at my.wbsc.org.
Media credentials will be distributed at the pre-tournament press conference and thereafter at the Utrecht’s Sportpark de Paperclip from 23 July.
Road to Tokyo
A total of eight National Teams will participate at the Softball Europe/Africa Qualification Event for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020. Botswana and South Africa will represent the African continent, and will face the top six European teams from the Women’s Softball European Championship final standings, being played in the Czech Republic and Poland from 30 June to 6 July.
The participants will be split into two groups, determined by draw. The round robin will be played from 23-25 July. The top two National Teams in each group will advance to a Super Round (26-27 July). The top National Team in the tournament final standings will gain a berth for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
The groups draw will take place on 10 July 2019, at the WBSC Headquarters in Lausanne.
- Pre-event Press Conference: TBD
- Competition Venue: Sportpark de Paperclip – Parkzichtlaan 203, 3451 GX Utrecht, Netherlands (Map)
- Official Website in six languages (English, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese)
- Local Tournament Website (Dutch, English)
- Official Social Media: @WBSC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Weibo
- Local Social Media: Facebook and Instagram.
- Official Hashtags: #RoadToTokyo
GUIDELINES FOR NON-RIGHTS HOLDERS (“NRH”)
Coverage by Non-Rights Holder TV/RADIO and Crew
- Only rights holders of applicable games may transmit game footage (audio and/or video) of the tournament.
- NRH media credentials provide access to official training sessions, games, mixed zone, press conferences and Opening/Closing Ceremonies.
- Credentials will be granted by specific category (i.e., Press, Photographer, Radio, TV), and access will be granted accordingly.
- Photographers and NRH TV crew will be required to wear bibs.