MONTERREY, Mexico — The U-18 Pan-American Baseball Championship is set to open Friday (30 September) in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
The 10-day, 36-game continental championship will serve as the Americas qualifier for the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup® 2017 in Thunder Bay, Canada. The top four finishers in Monterrey will join host Canada in representing the Americas in the World Cup next year.
Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and United States
- Estadio de Béisbol Monterrey – home of Mexican Baseball League (LMB) club Sultanes Monterrey
- Deportiva Monterrey N.L.
- Opening Round Robin
- No. 1 v No. 4
- No. 2 v No. 3
- Finals – Sunday, 8 Oct
- U-18 Pan-American Championship Game
- Bronze Medal Match
Day 1 Schedule
- Gm 1: No. 18 Nicaragua v No. 17 Colombia at 10:00
- Gm 2: No. 2 United States v No. 15 Panama at 13:00
- Gm 3: No. 5 Cuba v No. 70 Honduras 13:00
- Gm 4: No. 16 Brazil v No. 8 Mexico at 19:00
USA enters as the defending U-18 champions of the Americas.
The continental championship in Monterrey is being hosted by the Mexican Baseball Federation in cooperation with the State Government of Nuevo Leon and the State Institute for Sport and Physical Culture (INDE) – also hosts of the upcoming WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup (28 Oct to 6 Nov).