WHAT: Press conferences on the eve of the start of WBSC U-23 Baseball World Cup 2018 – the most important international baseball tournament in the world, after the Premier12, the World Baseball Classic and the Olympic Games.
The II U-23 Baseball World Cup — which will be staged from 19-28 October — is being hosted by the Colombian Baseball Federation (FCB) in collaboration with the cities of Barranquilla and Monteria.
WHEN AND WHERE:
Group A Press Conference:
- Edgar Renteria Stadium: a 56-120, Calle 47 #56-12, Barranquilla
- Thursday, 18 October at 12:00pm (all times local/COT)
Group B Press Conference:
- GHL Montería Hotel – Mochuelo Room: Calle 44 No. 8 – 43, Montería
- Thursday, 18 October at 12:30pm
WHO: National Team managers will be introduced and provide an overview of their expectations and predictions for their teams in the global tournament.
- Chinese Taipei: Chung-I Lin
- Colombia: Jair Fernández
- Japan: Atsunori Inaba
- Mexico: Jose Enrique Reyes
- Netherlands: Sidney De Jong
- South Africa: Neil Adonis
- Australia: Tony Harris
- Czech Republic: Vladimir Chlup
- Dominican Republic: Denio Gonzales
- Korea: Yeon Soo Lee
- Puerto Rico: Yadier Molina
- Venezuela: Carlos Moya
Managers will be available for interview questions and photo opportunities following the official presentation.
Leadership from the FCB will issue a welcome address as host of the U-23 Baseball World Cup – the biggest international baseball event ever staged in Colombia.
For more information, the official website of the U-23 Baseball World Cup is available in six languages (English, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Traditional Chinese) at www.u23bwc.wbsc.org. All tournament information, including rosters, scores, statistics, standings, daily reports and photos for editorial use, will be published on the official website.