Men’s Softball flagship event will open on 13 June: World Softball Day!
Today marks 100 days before the start of the XVI WBSC Men’s Softball World Championship, the top competition in men’s softball, which opens on Thursday, 13 June, also known as World Softball Day.
This edition of the men’s softball pinnacle event, hosted in collaboration with the Czech Softball Association (CSA), also marks the first time it will be held in Europe.
The best men’s softball teams in the world will battle at the newly renovated Svoboda Ballpark in Prague and Hippos Arena in Havlickuv Brod. Sixteen National Teams touching all five Olympic continents will compete For the Title of World Champion in the heart of Europe:
- Africa(2): No. 12 South Africa, No. 13 Botswana.
- Americas(6): No. 2 Canada, No. 5 Argentina, No. 6 United States, No. 8 Venezuela, No. 9 Mexico, No. 24 Cuba (wild card).
- Asia(3): No. 3 Japan, No. 17 Philippines, No. 22 Singapore.
- Europe(3): No. 7 Czech Republic, No. 11 Denmark, No. 19 Netherlands.
- Oceania(2): No. 1 New Zealand, No. 4 Australia
Fans around the world can purchase tickets through GoOut, one of Czech Republic’s the top online ticketing platforms.
New Zealand will be the defending champion in Czech Republic. In Whitehorse 2017 the Black Sox clinched a record-setting seventh world championship, with a sensational come-from-behind victory over Australia, 6-4, in the final.
The official game schedule and streaming details of the XVI WBSC Men’s Softball World Championship 2019 will be revealed in upcoming releases.