Nepal Baseball and Softball Association is an organization to promote Baseball and Softball in Nepal. NBSA is registered under National Sports Council in 2009 which is·governing body of sports in Nepal. NBSA is reconized by Nepal Olympie Committee (NOC). NBSA is actively doing lts activities to develop game ali over the country.
However, Baseball and Softball in Nepal was played from the early 1960s in St. Xaviers School, Jawalakhe, Kathmandu. Different Schools of Kathmandu (Budhanllkantha, Dipendra Prahari, Lincoln) used to play Baseball and Softball occasionally. The game was aIso played by members from Dlplomat offices of USA,Japan and Korea for the entertainment. Circle Lallgurans from Osaka Japan and Pokhara Baseball Club then started playing Baseball ln Pokhara from 1999. Seeing the prospects of game and it's immense future, NBSA started to serve as the officfal body for the development of Basebali and Softball in Nepal from 2009. Soon, Armed Police Force (APF), Nepal Army(NA) and number of clubs also started trainings and participation in the games.
ln the Year 2011, Mr Asit SJB Rana was elected as a President and Mr.Ashok Bhattachan was elected General Secretary of Nepal Baseball and Softball Assosciation. NBSA started expanding the game aggressively into fifteen (15) districts of Nepal and number of clubs and schools were affiliated. ln the Year 2015, Mr Asit SJB Rana was re-elected as a President and Mr. Dipak Neupane was elected as a General Secretary of NBSA.
- Organized a Cliroic Session to Assosciation members and players at Budhanilkantha Schoolin the year 2009.
- Organized a Coach Clinic Session to the officiais by American Coach at Pulchowk Engineering Campus in the year 2010.
- Started Baseball Softball Training to the Armed Police Force (APF) in the year 2011.
- Started promoting Baseball/Softball through wiffleball in 15 schools in Kathmandu in the year 2012.
- Wiffleball Tournament at Armed police force Headquarter, Halchowk in the year 2013.
- Junior (School) baseball tournament at Brihaspatischool in the year 2014. Nepal army started training Baseball and Softball in the year 2015.
- ODC eup Baseball Tournament at Army Headquarter Bhadrakaliin the year 2015.
- Junior baseball tournament at Budhanilkantha Schoolin the year 2015.
- ODC RSO Softball tournament in collaboration with American Embassy at Phora Durbar, Kantipath in the year 2016.
- U-18 National Championship on the occasion of 1year of Earthquake in collaboration with Club Laligurans Japan at Tundikhei,Kathmandu in April 2016.
ln 2011,Nepaltook part in the SAARC Baseball Cup held in Lahore,Pakistan. This was Nepal's first participation in the international-levelbaseball tournament.
ln 2012, Nepal has participated in Punjab International Sports Festivalin Lahore,Pakistan and secured thlrd place in Baseball Competition wining bronze medal.